The Project Manager will be responsible for managing all product development initiatives including innovations, renovations, and pre-packs in partnership with the Sr. Director of Brand Innovation. The Project Manager will ensure all products are developed on time and within scope and will partner with the Sr. Director of Brand Innovation to bring all projects through the IDP Gate process. Enables continuous project improvement via post analysis of project performance. The Project Manager will assess new third party manufacturer capabilities and share white space ideas with the broader cross functional team.
- Manage the new product development process for all new innovations including new line extensions, benefit spaces, new formats, new categories, and new markets.
- Lead weekly development calls, ensuring all projects are on track and proactively mitigating challenges as they arise.
- In partnership with R&D, brief vendors on all project needs including COGS targets, components, formula, fragrances etc.
- Partner with Marketing Innovation to successfully manage all projects through exploratory and feasibility phases of the innovation design process gaining alignment from management at each gate.
- Partner with Marketing Innovation and R&D on all packaging and formulation safety, stability, pilot batching and claims testing.
- Oversee packaging component development process and assist in packaging engineering needs.
- In partnership with R&D, oversee pilot testing at TPMs. Ensure all products are meeting specs and work with cross functionals to ensure all projects meet deadlines.
- Own the product spec sheet and manage creation of product specs, BOMS, INCI, UPC and FG# generation processes.
- Partner with Procurement on the qualification process of new third party manufacturers and assess vendor capabilities for white space opportunities to drive profitability and innovation.
- Lead the development of the brand sustainability initiatives across NPD and Renovation projects (assessing plant-based materials, PCR options, plastic free alternatives etc.). Partner with procurement on finding eco-friendly packaging vendors.
- Establish and implement project management processes, including vetting appropriate project management and data management tools to drive efficiencies in the innovation and renovation processes.
- Pack out lead for all Amazon, Display and Promotional opportunities. Partner with Marketing Innovation and Sales on all display projects.
- 3-5 years' experience in CPG project management
- Experience with process improvement
- Efficient in project management tools such as Microsoft Project, Asana, Agile, Smartsheet etc.
- PMP Certification
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills with a high degree of execution excellence and the ability to work on strict timelines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal teams within the marketing department
- Execution focused with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet aggressive deadlines in a very fast-paced environment.