The Benefits Supervisor will provide support for all leave of absence cases and other company benefit programs. Effectively coordinates all cases to include general administration, comprehensive case management and program compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and all related employment laws. Displays exemplary customer service and assistance to associates, executives and HR business partners.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for leave programs in alignment and under the general direction and guidance of HR leadership.
- Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, PSL, SPSL, etc.).
- Independently approves and/or denies escalated leave cases based on relevant medical information. Coordinates and organizes all medical information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed.
- Manages all administrative aspects of leave cases to include tracking hours used/taken and works closely with the HR Shared Services and Payroll teams to ensure that pay for associates is accurate and correct.
- Works closely with associates to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review on escalated cases. Maintains appropriate contact with all associates on leave and coordinates all aspects of return to work for associates on leave.
- Manages reporting metrics and analytics for leave cases. Presents reports as requested.
- Partners closely with HR business partners on escalated leave cases to review case status and develops legally sound strategies for a mutually beneficial resolution.
- Manages STD/LTD programs and vendor relationships. Ensures that STD claims are coordinated with FMLA or general medical cases.
- Assists in the creation and facilitation of leave administration training programs.
- Responds to complex benefit inquires and escalated complaints by providing benefits counseling and ensuring equitable and courteous resolution.
- Participates in the monthly and annual planning of open enrollment and other benefits related events.
- Works closely with wellness vendors and gives recommendations for programs that will benefit the employee population.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.; Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Must have at least 4-6 years of Employee Benefits administration experience; 1-2 years of experience in a supervisory role preferred.
- Must have two years of experience in managing leave cases (FMLA, STD) and workers’ compensation claims.
- Must have intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); experience in Lawson HRIS is highly preferred.
- Must possess a solid understanding of benefit plan design, policies and contracts.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to provide consultation in matters of high sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to multi-task and drive multiple projects.
- Demonstrated problem solving, time management and priority setting skills.